San Juan Trip May 6-13 Boaters Wanted - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-03-2010   #1

paonia, Colorado
Paddling Since: 20
San Juan Trip May 6-13 Boaters Wanted

I have paid for five on the San Juan River (Bluff to Cay Hills) launching on May 6th and taking out on May 13th (might try to shorten it a day). Three who said they were going have recently dropped out , two for work reasons and one for lack of commitment. This leaves me solo. Anyhow I would welcome a couple people with raft. I will try to recruit the other two from friends I know, but these two spots might be available in about ten days. Bud light drinkers need not apply.

hound dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010   #2

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
details?

I'm interested. When you say that you "paid" for this trip, you mean you paid for the permit? Or for a commercial trip? I'd love to know more, feel free to let me know.
wheretheriverflows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010   #3

granby, Colorado
I too, have a San Juan trip I can't fill. (April 28 - May 3, Mex Hat to Clay Hills) Is there something wrong with the San Juan?
rosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010   #4

The San Juan is totally fun. Just did it as a kid friendly trip. It would be hard to 'fill' a 25 person San Juan I would think... not enough whitewater, not enough variety of scenery and sidehikes for most to choose the San Juan over rivers that only run in the spring. But, when it comes to kid friendly and/or early season, it doesn't get much better than the San Juan.

I could be wrong, but when I have called in for permits the office has been very friendly and flexible with my permits. I would assume you could call in now and give them enough notice to change your group size.
Old 04-06-2010   #5

Also, when you say "Bud Light drinkers need not apply," are you saying that this is a non-drinking trip? Or are canned micro-brew drinkers completely okay, and you just don't want people with bad taste? Might want to clarify.
Old 04-06-2010   #6

paonia, Colorado
Paddling Since: 20
San Juan Trip- May 6-13

Rosy - you would think your trip is at a good time,before it gets too hot -June and July is hot enough to fry lizards the San Juan is certainly worth floating.
Cutch- my trip is for 5 not 25, when I say no bud light drinkers, in jest, I mean that I am a beer advocate with discriminating taste although is is difficult to get good beer in cans
Around the bend - I will contact you through the buzz e-mail phone number so you can get the details of trip or for anyone else interested
hound dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010   #7

Land of Lovin, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
I thought only alcoholics drink Bud Light?
Jensjustduckie is offline   Reply With Quote