Old 03-22-2004   #1
San Juan trip

Greetings all,

Looking to put together a San juan trip for late April/early May by picking up a cancellation from the permit office. It will probably be 5 or 6 nights and I'm trying to connect the weekends for tansportation.

Water flows should be excellant and the warm weather we've been having indicates and early runoff. This is mostly a class II-III trip with one class IV unless the water gets really big. This should be the high point of the season on a river that has not run high in a while.

Email if interested.

Jethro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004   #2
san juan

i would be interested in the trip.
give me a call or e-mail
(970) 641-1998

Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004   #3
Durango, Colorado
san juan...

i am definately interested in joining your trip (if you get one). have 14 ft boat with room for some gear and lots of experience with this run. send me an email to if you still want company.
rharries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004   #4
San Juan Permit

I HAVE A PERMIT!!! We launch on April 26thfrom Sand Island and we're going to Clay Hills. We may be able to launch further upstream if water permits.

Forcast are predicting that the draught will continue throughout most of the Colorado basin this year. Better run the rivers while they're up! The early heatwave has melted away the pack on many of the southern rivers like the Salt and Taos Box, plus irrigation season will start soon.

The San Juan has a healthy snow pack and the storms over the weekend have contributed more. I anticipate the end of April will be close to the peak for that region.

Anyone else interested?

Old 04-06-2004   #5
Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1999
Send a message via AIM to JCKeck1
Jethro, what's up? I'm joe from westwater in feburrrrrrary. I can't make your salt trip, but congrads on the permit. You should head up and run cross mtn - its more intense than westwater, but manageable at 1200. By the way, I'm still telling people every week about the wonders of your margarita system. That blender is still one of the coolest things I have ever seen. When my grand permit comes around in a couple of years, you better reply to my post on mtn buzz! Drop me a line if you're headed up to cross and I'll join ya.
(303) 594-9733
JCKeck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004   #6
Yo Joe Bro Let's Go...

Hey Joe..

Good to hear from you. I posted a couple of times on your WW thread. Just got back from the Salt and Taos Box (I'll post a report). How've you been??

Actually this this trip is for the San Juan, not the Salt, but it souds like you have one of those scuky JOB things...what's that like???

Thanks for the kind words on the Margarita's quickly building a reputation (invites on the Grand, MFS and Tachinchini...including me!). Yes, keep me in mind for your Grand trip and I will you for mine. BTW, I have a 19' SB boat for Kayak support...

As for the Cross moutain trip...I'm game...but i need more info. You lookin' mostly at a weekend trip?? Give me a call...303-516-1108.