Originally Posted by markinsteamboat
Do you have any idea when in 'mid March' the release might start? Probability? I was thinking about puting in around the 10th, but would sure like more flow than the current flows. I know this might be impossible to know at this point, but just askin'. Thanks.
I have the new February edition preliminary forecast, and the April-July inflow volume has dropped 100,000 acre-feet to 700,000 acre-feet, which is 95% of average. With this forecast, I would say that it is very unlikely that we will be releasing anymore than current until May. Irrigators will begin to take water mid-March, so the river will likely get slightly lower at that time.
This link is to our operations meeting minutes and includes a link to my presentation that has a lot of useful graphs: Bureau of Reclamation: Western Colorado Area Office - Navajo Unit Operational Meeting