Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking > Kayaking | Trip Planner

Old 05-22-2011   #1
Durango, CO
Paddling Since: 1997
San Juan 5/26 (Sand Island-Mexican Hat) Kid Friendly family trip

I've had good luck with "wild cards" found on mountain buzz for multi-day trips.

we have a few spots open on a 5/26 launch from Sand Island. We're going to do the upper section in 4 nights (take out on the 30th). so, we plan on taking it slow. lots of side-hikes. some bocce. maybe a layover day? some swimming? I have a SUP and we're in no rush, at all.

Two families of four, two rafts...one 3 year old, two 6 year olds and one 9 year old (all girls). we're pretty mellow folks. will be drinking beers and margaritas and anything else is cool with us... except for maybe mainlining heroin or blowing lines.

let us know if you're interested. I know it's not the most radical trip on what is promising to be a radical spring runoff, but this is family boatn' at it's finest. we'll run our own shuttle and plan on meeting at Sand Island on the evening of the 25th.

Costs should be about $700 per person.

no, actually it should be pretty cheap. we just split up the meals and try to keep track of group costs and try to even up with each other. should be an affordable trip.

right now we have 3 spots available on our permit the way it is, but a few days ago there were 3 more spots available on that day we could add (so up to 6).

BLott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011   #2
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
We may be able to do this

I'm interested. I have 2 sons... 11 and 9 years old. We have our own cataraft and gear... We'd love to join with you guys.

You are launching on the 26th of this month, correct?

You can reach me at jbuckhold (at) gmail (dot) com.

BuckytheGREAT is offline   Reply With Quote