Here's a permit strategy question for anyone to answer:
For the San Juan, is it wiser to:
a) call in March 1 and grab a mediocre launch date quickly (most likely late July, early Aug)
b) wait until April or May to call and hope groups cancel their launches for June and early July. (for this option you also run the risk of missing out on July/early-Aug entirely if demand is high)
Been thinking about this a lot lately.
Two years ago I called in late April and got an early July spot, but last year I called in early march and got a late July spot. Clearly this will change from year to year... but is there some strategy I'm missing or any flaws in my thinking?