Old 06-04-2010   #1
Olympia, Washington
Paddling Since: 1972
Permit for Colorado in Grand Canyon

Just got a permit for the Grand Canyon. Have 3 boats and looking for 2 more. Put in on August 10, Take out at Diamond on August 24.

I've been waiting for 16 years for this permit and want to make it memorable. Have rowed the Canyon 4 times, so it interested ... contact

Depending upon gear required, I figure around $1,000 - 1,200 per person, but still getting quotes.

Sam Garst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010   #2
Nederland, Co. nearest town., Either grace or kerfuffled
Paddling Since: 1985
Hey Sam!
Congrats on the permit! I have yet to win through lottery, but I have rowed about 10 trips in the last 25 years of boating and guiding. (5 private grand, 5 commercial) at water levels ranging from8000-30,000+cfs. I have 15 foot bailer, canyon rig set up. I don't know what the park's user fee is (if they're charging more per night) but I've done trips as long as 22 days and never did it cost close to that. (Of course everyone brought their own alcohol, so I don't count that, but we always styled it real nicely. There's some good tricks to learn for ice management; especially at that time of year, but even in the desert 100 degree heat, there are lots of ways to make it last and make a difference. Wondering how many people you are taking on permit? 8 or 16? Makes a difference on privates down there.
Anyways, I am very interested to find out more info about your trip. Please call or email me at (303) 642-0823
Its a fabulous trip, a real life changer!
Jungle Jane is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off