Old 04-28-2013   #1
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 97
Overnight Float and Camping Trip

Hey Everyone,

I am looking for some beta on a float that I can turn into an overnight camping trip. I spent the last ten years in Durango area and have moved back up to Boulder and am looking for something equivalent to a mild Westwater type float that I could bring the playboats with the 18-foot raft. Might just end up doing multiple laps on Brown's canyon or Shoshone and camp in the area. I have kayaked a lot of runs like Oh Be Joyful and Numbers, but am looking for something that some less experienced people could also enjoy? Also camping on the river would be great, obviously no lottery permit runs.

DlowLaxYak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013   #2
loveland, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
What about the North Platte? Northgate to treasure island could give a nice mix of water and camping.

cpollema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013   #3
East MT, WestMT, Both sides of the Yellowstone
Paddling Since: 09
Upper C, pumphouse is a good beginner run with enough water for a big boat and camping. I think they require a groover now.
spider is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off