Old 11-01-2008   #21
God Amongst Men
Phuoc My, Da Nang, THE 'NAM
Paddling Since: 1845
Originally Posted by sarahkonamojo View Post
You might check the Vimeo recommendations for compression. 30 Minutes probably won't fit Vimeo (free) no matter what you do. Other than edit, of course.

Nice work,
Vimeo and Gore fan,
thats not entirely accurate..... I have a I made (58 minutes) on there, in a quality that isn't half bad.

It's all about how you render it in your video program. I always shoot, upload, and edit in AVI format, which is a nearly lossless format for video. I usually render out a finished product in AVI for DVD purposes, but if I want to upload it, I will typically render it out in a WMV (windows media video) format, and just set the quality for 95%, and the sizing to 640x480, which is a standard video size. Typically if I have a ~5 minute clip, it will be around 800-900 MB in AVI format, but if I render it with the above settings, I can have that same ~5 minute clip in WMV that is only 60 or 70 MB. You just have to have a video program that let's you change render settings. I prefer Sony Vegas, but there are a myriad of progs. out there that are decent quality!

"Don't f$&@ing eddy out, just run it! Whaddya doin??" -LMyers
yetigonecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off