Old 09-29-2010   #1
Kayenta, Arizona
Paddling Since: 2006
Oct 10th-11th Westwater Openings

I have a few openings left on my Westwater permit for October 10th-11th. This is an overnight trip from Sunday to Monday. Have never done Westwater before but feel we are capable III/IV boaters. Scored the permit and have been experiencing difficulties filling it. We have a full raft and basic gear.

Looking for a couple or a small group interested in going with us and showing us the ropes on this classic run. Perferably rafts with their own gear and carrying capacity.

PM me or post with interest please. Should be a great time of the year to be in the canyon.

bucket52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010   #2
Salt Lake City, Utah
Not always easy to find folks to camp Sunday night. That said, go down the middle, right to left ferry at skull, punch sock dead center with speed, and that is it. Keep your eyes open for the hole in the tail waves of Little D too - dead center, not that easy to see, and surprises some people. Easy if you hit it with momentum though, and a fun hit.

atg200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010   #3
Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 93
Tempting,I may be up for it. My wife and kids are supposed to be in Denver that weekend. So if I can get out of going to d-town with them I will be up for it. I would bring my raft and may have room for an extra person or two. It would be a 14' hyside and I have run westwater a few times.
Snowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010   #4
, Wyoming
I can possibly make it?

I am going to be in the area on Friday and Sat. running westwater and would be willing to maybe do another overnighter. There are 2 of us that might come with a raft and own gear. I use to guide on Westwater and I grew up running it. I can always use another westwater trip in my life! Let me know the details.

paddle4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010   #5
Salida, Colorado
Westwater oct 10-11

hey mitch
my husband and I tried unsuccessfully to get a permit for those same days. We would love to tag along if you have room. We have ran westwater a handful of times in the previous years. We have a boat with with all our gear, we are both professional river guides on the Arkansas river. oct 10 is my husbands b-day 10-10-10, so he really wants to be on westwater. let us know
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010   #6
Kayenta, Arizona
Permit Filled!!

Thanks for all the feedback and help. Got my permit filled. See ya'll on the water, have a good day.

bucket52 is offline   Reply With Quote