Old 01-27-2013   #1
Grangeville, 83530
Paddling Since: 1988
North Fork of Coeur d' Alene River in Idaho

I have some rafters that are interested in a shuttle for the North Fork of the Coeur d’ Alene River this summer. I am looking for some information. Where is the put in and take out location? Any information would be helpful.

Sully1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013   #2
Cpt. No Scout
In a Van, Down By the River
Paddling Since: 91
The road runs the lenght of river. Or atleast the parts you can put a raft on. Are they thinking a high water float or fishing? Lots of access. Its really a small river up there with brush to the edges of the water. Log jams and no real eddys that you could put a 10' raft in. I don't think there is even a continous channel up on the NF-CDA. Its kinda like the American up by elk city. Not really any whitewater and very shallow in the summer. The big dredges cleaned the river out.

You might have some rafting going above kit price. But again its all next to the road and tuber country. Somebody once said there was a class 4 up there but I have never seen a 3.

From the SF down its a mega tuber heaven with a shuttle service going daily.
idahofloater is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off