Old 08-16-2015   #1
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
New to the Poudre!

I just moved from Gunnison to Fort Collins and am looking for someone to paddle with and show me some of the runs on the Poudre. I've done most of my yakin' on the Taylor which I hear is pretty similar paddling to the poudre, but It'd be nice to have someone show me the ropes and of course I just need a paddlin partner for safetyin' and shuttlin'. Also, like I said I'm brand new to the area! I don't know ANYONE out here yet!

I have to do a bunch of Graduate Teaching orientation stuff this week, but should be free in the afternoons.

Give me a shout!
Jeremy 303-949-0792
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Jermmie slammin copy.pdf (2.37 MB, 52 views)

jeremytheisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015   #2
There's a facebook page where local FC boaters can connect.

The water is pretty much gone. People are still running the Narrows sections, if you're interested in IV-V boating. You can scrape down the lower sections down to about 1' on the gauge if you're looking for II-IV (probably more like II to III+ right now) stuff. Some people (John T) have been known to go as low as .5'.

The gauge everyone uses is painted on the rock at Pine View.
Poudre Rock Report

jaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015   #3
Arkansas during the off-season Nomadic during the summers! :), Arkansas & Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
I ran the gnarrows at 30 cfs!
gannon_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015   #4
Originally Posted by jaffy View Post
There's a facebook page where local FC boaters can connect.

The water is pretty much gone. People are still running the Narrows
Come on Jeff, the river just went below 2.3 today, and barely, it's far from "pretty much gone". At 2.3 Upper Mish still had some sweet surf waves, as did Bridges and the latter part of Poudre Park. You're just pining over it going below 3' (ok, 4'!).

And yes, Pineview/Bridges is totally runnable at 0.5', Bridges at 0.3', even I haven't tried lower than that! Though I don't think I've ever done 30cfs on Narrows, Gannon wins that one. I know I've boated Upper through Lower Narrows ~5-6 years ago at 0ft. Green Bridge rapid sucked. The rest was surprisingly good.

That said, my impression of the "new" Lower was it wasn't nearly as good below 0.5' as the old Lower was.

"Basic research is what I am doing when I don't know what I am doing." -- Werner von Braun
jtnc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015   #5
The old Whiteline was fun to lap down to 30 cfs. I wouldn't recommend going up there at that flow, but it's Gannon's claim to fame and he has to tell everyone he ran it that low. I usually manage to get up to the Narrows around 0 every year, we run upper drive around middle and run lower. When it's early and nothing else is running it's OK.

Sent from my XT1254 using Mountain Buzz mobile app
Nathan is online now   Reply With Quote