Old 06-28-2010   #1
Woodland Park, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
New to paddling? I am.....

I just had my first day on the river last week in Salida. loved it. Ran a short class 2 end of the day finishing up in downtown Salida at the boatramp. Looking for anyone who would like to learn together or impart their knowledge to a beginner. gotta learn to roll still! Plan on trying to get some lake time in soon to practice it.... Anyways, I dont know any paddlers, so...I live in Woodland park and days off are Thursday and Friday. I can travel....

mtnb-rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010   #2
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 2009
Welcome to the most addicting sport I have ever done. As you probably already know, this sport will have your adrenaline pumping one second and beat you down in the next second. Take your time, don't jump in over your head. Every minute you dedicate to learning on the flat water will pay dividends in the white water.

Once again, welcome and be safe.

LineDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010   #3
Conifer, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
I'm learning too. Would be in to meet up to do some lake time. I live in Conifer, but also can travel. Have Friday afternoons off.

Flohotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010   #4
Kayak/SUP Instructor
The High Ground, Colorado
Several paddlers in and around Woodland. You might want to check out the Pikes Peak Whitewater Club
"Let us cross the river to the other side and rest beneath the shade of the trees." ~ Last words of Thomas Jonathan ''Stonewall' Jackson
Theophilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010   #5
norcross, Georgia
Paddling Since: 2009
i have been paddling for about a year now and love it. i live in georgia but i am coming out this week to see friends who live in woodland park and will be staying with them. i have a boat reserved for friday (July 2) at coloardo kayak supply in buena vista and im trying to find some people to paddle with and i would love to help you out. if your interested let me know.
jacksonstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010   #6
Woodland Park, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
when will you be in BV on the 2nd? i should be around. thanks for the reply.

mtnb-rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010   #7
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Hey Brad and Georgia guy....

I'll be in BV for the fourth with my family, camping at Ruby Mountain. We'll be rafting Brown's and numbers without kiddos. I usually kayak solo, and am solid on class 4, however I had a very bad swim earlier this season, so Im bringing it back down a notch for a bit. Be happy to hook up with you guys and do some runs over the weekend. I'm really familiar with all of the stretches on the ark...

bobblehead is offline   Reply With Quote