Old 06-15-2007   #1
Morrison, 80465
Paddling Since: 2007
New to Kayaking (Denver Area - Morrison)

I have always wanted to kayak and I finally bought a one! I got a Necky Gliss 8 foot boat with the gear from a local kayaker that was upgrading. I have a friend that is taking me to a local lake to teach me some basics such as rolling.

I am hoping on Sunday to take it out to a river and try it out. I live in the Denver area (Morrison). Could someone recommend a river that would be a good place for a beginner to start out at? If someone is planning a trip in this area and would not mind a beginner riding along, I would love to join in.

Thanks for any information that you can provide.
__________________ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007   #2
The Road, Colorado
Paddling Since: '07
Send a message via Yahoo to Badazws6
Check out this post on colorado kayakers, it provides some good stepping stone runs: Colorado Kayakers :: View topic - Run Stepping Stones

Probably the best local run for a flat out beginner is Deckers. You may want to skip the chutes the first time or two.

Life: Live it!
Badazws6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007   #3
Ya... go up to Deckers because it's pretty nice for a rookie at this level. You could go upstream of the Chutes about 3 miles and put in around Long Skraggy campground or the next area above that. Cost $5 to park there but WTF. Boat down to the takeout above the Chutes for a good beginner run.
Like it or not, all of us are the result of a sexual act.
Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007   #4
Morrison, 80465
Paddling Since: 2007
Headed to Deckers

Thanks for the info... I will hit deckers this Sunday. Also, thanks for website. It had some great info on the river. I cant wait.

David is offline   Reply With Quote