Old 04-01-2013   #11
Summit County, Colorado
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
Loon is a bit too hot anyhow. Need a cold water spigot fed from the creek! I guess some 5 gallon buckets of cold creek water and a way to divert some of the hot water would do the trick
Agreed, and great idea to pour some buckets from the creek into the spring! It would help a ton.

summitraftgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013   #12
Dipshit with the most.
Bellevue, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
Loon is a bit too hot anyhow.
Brain not comprehend this.

Loon is coolish for me. Maybe 105 at most. The upper tub at Sheepeater is hot like right around 110 to 111.

The upper pool at Sunflower is around 107 to 108.

And late in June this year you can probably get in Hospital Bar springs. Bring a tarp and derig a small raft if you have to - it is a great temp if you can keep out the cold river water.

So, so many good camps I couldn't even begin. There are a few that I won't stay at but they aren't 'bad' by any means.

carvedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013   #13
Sandy, Utah
Paddling Since: 1997
If you have a small group see if you can get sunflower. There is also a camp across from it. [/QUOTE]

Hey Avatard.....have you ever stayed across at Lost Oak? How was the row over to Sunflower? We have never stayed there, but we always look at it when we stop at Sunflower. Sunflower was fun, but I'd rather just stop there for a quick soak, and not camp there.
cataraftgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013   #14
portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1991
I've passed out many a time in the Sunflower Baths. I wish someone would get a backhoe in there and make the pools a bit deeper and more comfortable

I always wonder what it would be like to stay in that camp across the river. So glad I'm always in a smaller group so i dont have to find out!

Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it "guaranteed", I will. I got spare time.
Avatard is offline   Reply With Quote