Old 11-24-2006   #1
Happy Camp, California
Paddling Since: 1999
Send a message via AIM to ucdkayaker Send a message via Yahoo to ucdkayaker
Mexico Dec. 14-23.

Is anyone planning a similar trip or interested in joining ours....

ucdkayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006   #2
Arvada, 80003
Paddling Since: 2002
We have been planning on doing a trip during that time for awhile now. I have been in contact with some friends of mine who are down there right now. Hit me up with an e-mail and we can exchange beta and maybe work some shuttles out to gether or something.

TheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006   #3

hey i am putting a trip together right now and plan on going at a similar time. maybe a little latter. where in Mexico and what rivers do you guys plan on running. i have a feeling that the kids i plan on going with may be stupid and bail but i would love to go down there still. i will stay in touch with you guys. i may be very interested in going with you guys if you have room.
Dano the mano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006   #4
Summit, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Send a message via AIM to COUNT
Alright. UCD and I are leaving Colorado on the morning of Thursday, December 14th. We're driving straight through and planning on getting into Valles midday on the 15th and hopefully getting in an afternoon run on Micos. We're currently planning on doing the Salto on the 16th and Ojo Frio on the 17th.

We initially planned on having more people and two cars but everyone's plans ended up falling through and now it's just the two of us, which will make the shuttle situation interesting. Since they're short, we were just going to suck it up for the foot shuttle on Micos, Salto, and Ojo.

On the 18th, we’re planning on doing either the Third Canyon of the Santa Maria or the Rio Gallinas. Because the Santa Maria is a long run with potential for a lot of scouting and possible portaging, we won’t do it unless we know we have a shuttle figured so that we can get on first thing in the morning. Also, I’m not sure how the flows will be on the Santa Maria. Rio Gallinas would be an easy day (and it’s spring fed, so it’s pretty much always running) and would still give us a chance to check out the Tamul Falls area.

We’re going to do the Puente de Dios section of the Tampaon on the 19th. Right now the 20th is still open and we might do one of the above sections again or go check something else out (like possibly the Lower Moctezuma).

All of these sections from the 18th to 20th are longer sections that would require shuttle so our plans are kind of flexible for these days. If anyone wants to join us, they’re welcome, and we’d love to hook up with some groups on the river or to help with shuttle. Drop a line if you’re gonna be in the area or if you have any info that might be useful. Thanks.

"The world would be a better place if everyone kayaked."-Brad Ludden (Valhalla)
"You only get one chance to run a drop blind."-DD
COUNT is offline   Reply With Quote