Old 06-28-2011   #1
Carbondale, Colorado
Lower Eagle Bridge Clearance

I am thinking of running the Lower Eagle this weekend. Does anyone know if there are any clearance issues under any of the bridges? I have heard that there might be an issue with the trestle bridge after Wolcott. We are planning to run this in 16' rafts. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Rainen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011   #2
Silverthorne, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
I can't get my 16' cat under trestle above 3300 in gypsum.

WillYates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011   #3
Carbondale, Colorado
Awesome, well that answers that, thanks for the info!!
Rainen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011   #4
Eagle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
I ran a 14’ paddle boat under Trestle two weeks ago at approx. 4800 cubes on the Gypsum gage. We barely fit under on the far right side. Nothing could have been above the tubes and still fit.

The low-stress line is to head for the slow water on the far right. There’s an eddy below and beyond the bridge. The water is slow enough to grab onto the bridge and push yourself to the other side. Make sure your crew has planned how to duck so you don’t crash into each other.

You could probably let air out, line it thru, then pump 'er up on the other side.

Shooting the middle looks sketchy.

I'll likely be running it this weekend. Send me a PM if you want to run with us.
teletoes is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off