Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking > Kayaking | Trip Planner

Old 05-24-2011   #1
Denver, Colorado
Looking to get on the Ark this weekend and lost my crew....

I row a 14' DRE with an oar frame and am happy to carry your beer, gear, etc.... Comfy in 3+, have ran plenty of IV on a meet and eat basis. Recent runs include W-Water at 11K and 16K. Anyway, PM me if your looking for river friends for Memorial Day weekend. I'm ready for some oar time and would love to run the numbers! Although, in full disclosure, I have not run them yet.

royaldouchebag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011   #2
Lakewood, Colorado
How was westwater at 16k. It is the paddlefest this weekend so there will be lots of people for you to hang with.

melcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011   #3
Denver, Colorado
Originally Posted by melcol View Post
How was westwater at 16k. It is the paddlefest this weekend so there will be lots of people for you to hang with.
People warned of the HI 5-O wave at funnel, followed by a lat on the right and a third wave in the middle. Those were easy to punch. Skull was huge, as the sneak on the left was replaced by an intimidating lateral. The run is to kiss the right wall with the bow and then hit the tongue backwards, but we decided to punch the left lat (which....again...was HUGE!!!!!). That being said, two out of three of us punched right through it and then had a simple rescue for the third boat that flipped. All-in-all it was a class III move w/ IV type consequences.

Really Fun....don't let them scare you off W-Water between 13-18K if you are somewhat used to reading and eating class IV.
royaldouchebag is offline   Reply With Quote