Old 06-02-2013   #1
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2009
Looking for paddling partners

Anyone looking to kayak on the west slope? I live in Glenwood Springs and am looking for people to get out with. All my usual paddling buddies are out of town and I have the next two weeks pretty much free. I am comfortable on runs up to class 4, and willing to paddle anything others will include me on. I just want to be on the water. Able to drive up to Aspen or over to Vail for day runs and will probably try to make it over to the Ark for a couple days too. Also, I need to be in Denver the evening of June 14th. Could head over a day early and paddle the 13th and 14th over there as well.

Hoping to meet some more people that love rivers -

(nine seven zero) three one nine - 7698

adchristie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013   #2
Conway, Arkansas
Paddling Since: 2006
I'm headed in the direction of the Glenwood area tomorrow morning actually. I am currently passing through Texas. Planning on spending about 2 weeks paddling in Colorado before I head to California. I got on here hoping to find some boaters willing to show an out of towner some good runs so I'd love to paddle whenever. I've paddled Class V but really just enjoy anything as long as I'm on the water. Also, any suggestions on camping in the Glenwood area? Would prefer primitive camping. Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Easy_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013   #3
Gunnison, 81230
Paddling Since: 2005
I live in Gunnison and Make it over to Buena Vista all the time. If you're interested in running Brown's Canyon(Ark III) or maybe Numbers(Ark IV), hit me up and i'll see if I can get out there. I'm pretty dependent on my buddies for a ride since I don't have a license lol. But I'm pretty responsible and a confident paddler. I definitely did swim numbers since I ran it for the first time and found a foamless poor-over that sucked me in pretty good. Anyway 970 901 7859
wabisabimike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013   #4
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2009
Easy E - For info on camping in the Glenwood area, take a look at this thread:

glenwood primitive camping???

Am happy to discuss paddling - give me a call.
adchristie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013   #5
Conway, Arkansas
Paddling Since: 2006
Thanks for the info on camping David! I only made it as far as pueblo and was tired of driving so I may hang around the Gorge for a while. I'll let you know if I head your direction though.
Easy_E is offline   Reply With Quote