Old 12-13-2005   #1
Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1999
Send a message via AIM to JCKeck1
It's westwater time!

Ok, all you pansy ass boaters. The time has come for a true adventure through the wilds of the desert in the winter....Fear and Loathing style! Leaving tuesday morning 12/20 - early - probably be back 12/21 late unless we make a side trip to Vegas? Plan on mtn biking the rim trail for shuttle unless there's enough warriors out there to make it two cars. I know you've all gotten soft shreddin this unbelieveable powder in this 1995/96 year, but it's time for a trippin.

JCKeck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005   #2
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Here's your weather forecast:

Why are you going mid-week? Don't tell me that's the only day you could get a permit for!

Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005   #3
Seattle, Washington
suckaz, to think you could scare off a possie as committed as my crew with some silly weather report!? The grass roots white water movement continues even though half us No Big Names broke down, sold out to the man, and now make vids with Tao's grab ass Twitch crew! We thought about getting a permit on the weekend, but then we needed to see who's in and who's out before the huge water year of '06. Who's got what it takes to drop days off work, leave the girls and fam, right before the holidays and go on a substance abuse fantasy straight into the heart of the religious wacko's home turf? If you're one of those weekend warrior types, you wouldn't be able to keep up anyway. If you cant take westy in the middle of the winter at 3 large, then dont give me a call about the source @ 900 (true story).

p.s. I don't mean to offend anyone, i'm just a little passionate about my mid winter westy trips (the only time to go). Andy, i'll look you up this summer when my grand, M.F., and salt permits come up big (i'll never insult rubber runners).

P.P.S. There actually is no possie as there is only one other person as crazy/committed/stupid/core as I am. Many have tried, but it's hard being us.
Old 12-16-2005   #4
Eagle County, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
too cold...
WhiteLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005   #5
Seattle, Washington
Update....Thank god joel and I brought the squirt boats. We would've been shut down for sure with simple play boats. As is, we were able to mystery move under a dozen 300 yard long ice bridges. This is why we don't do this on the weekend. If we'd had some weekender out there they might've just given up and tried to walk 18 miles out of the canyon. Gotta have balls to squirt ice bridges. It wasn't even cold - perfect out for a day of winter boating. We also hiked and ran shoshone. It's amazing that none of you west siders managed to post hole up that mile for a little sic boating. And here you are all talking crap about who's more core and we were the only ones out there, with the only tracks up to the putin. Now that we broke trail maybe you can drag your pathetic playboating skills down to the river. Also, want to give a shout to my homies in Lyons getting er done for a new year round play hole.
The Grassroots Whitewater Movement
No Important Names
(must mention that I'd sell out too if given the opportunity to paddle for a living)
Old 12-28-2005   #6
too cool

whoa dude, wish I was as cool as you!!!!
Tylermon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005   #7
dropzone, Colorado
nice work tyler, only took you five days to come up with that searing comment!

Hey Keck, did you guys use suicide blocks in your squirts, to make the ice mysterys that much more core? Sick gnar gnar, bra.

ACC is offline   Reply With Quote