Old 06-30-2012   #1
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Is Clear Creek Raftable right now?

Thinking of taking some friends on the Idaho Spgs. - Kermit's Section this afternoon to beat the heat. Is this realistic?

EDIT - Posted 6/30/12, Just checked the current flows 175 @ Golden, 111 @ Lawson, may have answered my own question...

Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012   #2
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
No. According to American Whitewater (Flows at the top of the screen) the flow is about 70 cfs. I've had good luck this year inflating the raft in the back yard, turning on the sprinkler and drinking beer in the raft.

boldtwatermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012   #3
I saw commercial rafters on the Kermits to 119 stretch yesterday. Low, but it goes.
Grif for President!
deepstroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012   #4
Arkansas during the off-season Nomadic during the summers! :), Arkansas & Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
I think if you plan on stopping to actually jump in the water to get wet it goes.
gannon_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012   #5
Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Commercial trips are running it still. The only private trip I saw go down had a few tubes's super sharp and low, a challenging low water technical run. i would probably just lap the beavers. That's gonna be the best two rapids all day. Box has been a tight left squeeze; some raft guides have been stopping to help push boats through. if you take the frontage road at the down stream end of idaho springs heading towards clear creek rafting, you can put in under the bridge and cut out the low water town run.
boonekayak is offline   Reply With Quote