Old 07-17-2011   #1
Huntsville, Utah
Paddling Since: 1997
Info on Blue River in Breck?

Can anyone tell me is the section of the Blue river through Breck runnable at this level - is there any play there right now. We are going to be around in another week staying in town and that is really convienent. Also is there any chance that the playspot by the take out of the 10 mile in Frisco is there. It would give us a chance to park and play while the other one watches the kid. Thanks for any info in advance.

codkayaknski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011   #2
Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
There is a play park in Breck but it sucks and I never have ran that section and usually nobody does. Nonetheless, there is a play hole on ten mile right there at the frisco exit on I 70. It is good to go at levels above 200 but by no means is great play. There is also the upper and lower blue north of Silverthorne both are high right now and solid class III. For more beta stop by Ten Mile Creek Kayaks right across the street from the play hole and talk to matti. Tell him Josh sent you so I can get some brownie points.

Jmannhei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011   #3
Bethel, Connecticut
Paddling Since: 2005
Yeah, i believe its still runnable. it runs right through my back yard, as I live right at the normal takeout for the town run. (right across from the gondola parking lot)

That makes it even more embarrassing to say that I've only run it once, at about 245 cfs. pretty fun. I've only ever seen creekboats on it... there is not too much play, but i don't see why you couldn't playboat the thing. Its really straight forward with only two boof moves out of some sweet culverts.
dustyrivers is offline   Reply With Quote

blue river