They are saying the Gorge will be good for weekend boating, launching from or passing by Parkdale from 9-4, but that's what they are saying:
AHRA SUA Contractors and Private Boaters,
After meeting with staff from Alpine Cable & Construction, Inc., Royal Gorge Bridge & Park, Royal Gorge Route Railroad and the insurance firm on Wednesday (06.26.13) regarding removal of the remaining cables and structures on the North Rim of the Royal Gorge it was determined that the following plan would be implemented to insure public safety and minimize the impact to AHRA SUA Contractors and private boaters;
- The removal work will begin at 5:30 PM on Thursday (06.26.13)
- The removal work is tentatively planned to be completed by Monday (07.01.13)
- The cable removal contractors will work from sun-up to 9AM
- The cable removal contractors will work from 5:30PM until dark
- The launch window at Parkdale for all boating related activity during this time period will be from 9AM to 4PM
- Boat traffic should not stop or attempt to get out near the bridge
The cable removal contractor will be able to contact AHRA directly via an 800 radio should there be any changes to the above noted plan or should any safety issues develop during the removal operation. This information will be relayed to all AHRA SUA Contractors and Private Boaters as soon as possible.
Alpine Cable & Construction, Inc., has discussed returning sometime during the week of July 8th to remove the large concrete slabs on the North Rim. The removal of these slabs will require a closure in the Royal Gorge. AHRA will keep everyone informed as to the date/time once more details regarding this pending operation are determined.
If you have any questions regarding this information please contact AHRA.
Arkansas Headwaters Recreation Area (AHRA)
Colorado Parks and Wildlife
307 W. Sackett Ave.
Salida, CO 81201