Old 03-01-2012   #11
Boise, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2007
Originally Posted by Phil U. View Post
What is class VI+? If 6 is unrunnable is 6+ certain death?
Good eye, I was at the dentist all morning and still can't feel my face so no coffee yet so I'm not thinking too clearly. I made to correction.

Aroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012   #12
Boise, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2007
I did it again. Anyway, any feedback on the wood situation is appreciated.

Aroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012   #13
Riverdale, Utah
Paddling Since: 1977
Since no locals jumped in, I'll just say that I have not seen anything else unusual on the PDX list.
The White Salmon looks like the hardest hit from that ice storm; for example Farmlands and Truss are almost unrunnable, and BZ to Husum is serious wood dodging (forest service did clear the putin trail; and someone is probably working on this run, since there are several raft outfitters on it in the summer). Not far west, the upper Wind is completely good to go; one new tree in the first 100 yards that is passable. I would talk to locals when I get out there to get the latest, since wood moves, and pretty much all the runs are in the forest.

Some race/festivals coming up out there; Upper Wind and NW Creeking comp... probably deserves a new thread.

Oh, I would add EFL to your list (hopefully with flow above 650); and work up to the Upper Wind if you are feeling good.
wasatchbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012   #14
Grand Junction, Colorado
The Dee to Tucker section of the East Fork of Hood River has a river wide strainer in the first half mile before the confluence with the West Fork Hood. When we floated the river, there was barely enough clearance to go under by tucking in. With a little more water, it could be bad. There's an eddy above it, but you want to keep your eyes peeled because you could easily miss it.
Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012   #15
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
Thanks again good thread here

caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote