Gunny Gorge on Saturday - Mountain Buzz

Old 09-27-2016   #1

Grand Junction, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2013
Gunny Gorge on Saturday

Is anybody interested in doing Gunny Gorge on Saturday? I have a group of four people that are planning to do it as a day trip. While I believe that we are all relatively solid class III boaters, we could use one more person with rescue knowledge to join us. Please let me know if you are interested. My number is 626-437-0357.

Dave

surlygold is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2016   #2

Western Slope, CO, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2009
Normally would jump on it, but broken foot.

Usual watch the weather warnings RE : Mud. A front supposedly coming through mid to late week but weather predictions are usually wrong around here.
ColoradoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016   #3

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
I am interested, but for one I don't have a vehicle capable of helping with shuttle, and two the weather that Dave mentioned could make the road impassable....
Old 09-28-2016   #4

Grand Junction, Colorado
Thanks, ColoradoDave. We will keep an eye on the whether.

lmyers, we have a shuttle vehicle, and we have reserved a shuttle driver from Pleasure Park. The shuttle fee is $85, and we will be splitting it and gas among the people going. We currently have a group of 4, and you would make 5.

Dave
Old 09-28-2016   #5

Buena Vista, Colorado
So, I would be coming with one other paddler. Do you have a vehicle capable of transporting 6 paddlers and their gear, plus a shuttle driver to the trailhead? If so, we are down to split cost and join. Each of us has about 6 GG trips under our belts, and around 1000 total river days. Otherwise we are heading to Fruita to mountain bike.
Old 09-29-2016   #6

Grand Junction, Colorado
lmyers,

We will be able to fit both of you and your gear. You can either meet us at Pleasure Park at 7:15 am or at Colorado Mesa University in Grand Junction at 6 am. Which would you prefer? I will be picking up burritos from Los Jilbertos before meeting people at 6 am. Would you like me to pick anything up for you two? Also, do either of you have a first aid kit that you could bring?

Dave
Old 09-29-2016   #7

Buena Vista, Colorado
Ok. We are in. We are traveling from the Ark Valley tomorrow evening. Going to try and get a site at Cottonwood on the opposite side of the river and a little downstream from the Pleasure Park. We will be at the Pleasure Park at 7 am. If you wanted to bring a couple sausage or bacon breakfast burritos that would be sweet. I have a quality first aid kit and know how to use it.

Hopefully the weather holds.

Logan Myers 719-229-9333
Old 09-29-2016   #8

Grand Junction, Colorado
Logan,

That sounds great! Thank you! I will see you at about 7:15 am, and I will have burritos for the two of you.

Dave
Old 09-29-2016   #9

Western Slope, CO, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2009
We were socked in today, but no rain at all.
ColoradoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016   #10

Grand Junction, Colorado
ColoradoDave, thank you for the update! That sounds promising!

Dave