Mountain Buzz banner

Gunny Gorge on Saturday

3K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  surlygold 
#1 ·
Is anybody interested in doing Gunny Gorge on Saturday? I have a group of four people that are planning to do it as a day trip. While I believe that we are all relatively solid class III boaters, we could use one more person with rescue knowledge to join us. Please let me know if you are interested. My number is 626-437-0357.

Dave

#4 ·
Thanks, ColoradoDave. We will keep an eye on the whether.

lmyers, we have a shuttle vehicle, and we have reserved a shuttle driver from Pleasure Park. The shuttle fee is $85, and we will be splitting it and gas among the people going. We currently have a group of 4, and you would make 5.

Dave

#5 ·
So, I would be coming with one other paddler. Do you have a vehicle capable of transporting 6 paddlers and their gear, plus a shuttle driver to the trailhead? If so, we are down to split cost and join. Each of us has about 6 GG trips under our belts, and around 1000 total river days. Otherwise we are heading to Fruita to mountain bike.

#6 ·
lmyers,

We will be able to fit both of you and your gear. You can either meet us at Pleasure Park at 7:15 am or at Colorado Mesa University in Grand Junction at 6 am. Which would you prefer? I will be picking up burritos from Los Jilbertos before meeting people at 6 am. Would you like me to pick anything up for you two? Also, do either of you have a first aid kit that you could bring?

Dave

#7 ·
Ok. We are in. We are traveling from the Ark Valley tomorrow evening. Going to try and get a site at Cottonwood on the opposite side of the river and a little downstream from the Pleasure Park. We will be at the Pleasure Park at 7 am. If you wanted to bring a couple sausage or bacon breakfast burritos that would be sweet. I have a quality first aid kit and know how to use it.

Hopefully the weather holds.

Logan Myers 719-229-9333

#12 ·
That was fun, and great to meet some more west slope paddlers. Feel free to reach out anytime you looking for partners anywhere near the Ark Valley.

Here's the one photo I took. Sorry the crappy exposure, I had my camera set on the wrong mode and didn't realize it until the end....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.