Old 04-22-2012   #11
Live Oak, Florida
Paddling Since: 2004
Our group has used them three times now. The first two were just shuttles, but last year we used them for the full Monty. They were GREAT! Paul and Melanie went out of their way for us. Literally. We do a booze-intensive gourmet trip. Many of our requests were unavailable locally. Paul went to CO to get a bunch of it, and they ordered the rest from out of state. We had everything we wanted, except for enough ice. We had plenty for the food, but we are heavy ice users, and I think they didn't grasp what I meant by that.

Their equipment is fantastic, replaced every year. Their camp stoves were great and provided plenty of room to cook, and the river tables are a good height. Everything is in its place and labeled. Even the food items are all labeled and there are menus and lists in each dry box. I can't stress enough what a pleasure it was to work with them. They were setting up our boats as the plane landed. We strolled down to a cooler of beer and watched them finish. One box was missing, but they got on the phone and had it rushed out to us. We had plenty of everything food and equipment wise. The river wing was a nice touch. Be sure to get one or two of those.

Take out was great. We pulled up to swayzeys and were greater by Paul and his companion with a cooler full of ice-cold beer and soda. That was a nice touch. We grabbed our gear, tossed back a couple frosties while telling him about our harrowing experience at 35k cfs, and we set off.

Unfortunately there's only 4 of us going this year, and we don't need an outfitter, but if we ever do, we will use Melanie and Paul without a doubt.

Use them, and be sure to tell them what you want. They'll make it happen without much work on your part. Enjoy! We're going to miss your group by two weeks. We wanted a late trip this year. Be sure to bring mosquito protection. Last year they were unreal!

Litig8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012   #12
cedar city, Utah
We've used them for shuttles for almost a decade (2-3 times a year between friends) and always had great experiences.

restrac2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012   #13
Bend, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1975
A quick report after our trip. We used RRT to outfit our deso trip a couple weeks ago. They did everything. Gear rental, food packing and shuttle. We were feeling lazy this year and didn't want to drag our gear from Cali and Oregon for the trip. We had a large trip with 14 adults and 11 kids.

River Runners Transport did a GREAT job on our trip. Their rental equip was near new and in great shape. We used six rafts, kitchen gear, toilets, and water. All the kitchen gear was clean and organized. It is obvious that these folks are rafters, we are tweeking some of our own personal gear since their system worked so well.

The food was plentiful and well organized. It took us a day to get used to how things worked and the rest of the trip was low stress and enjoyable.

The shuttle was smooth. One of our rigs ended up with a flat into and one out of Sand Wash. They took care of it for us and had the tire shop in Deuchesne make the repairs. A note from the driver and a copy of the bill for payment were in the rig at take out.

I would definately recomend them to anyone else looking for gear rental or shuttle services in their area.
Aerocam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012   #14
The Russian
SLC, Utah
Paddling Since: 2005
Another thumbs up for RRT. I've dealt with them for almost ten years. I've rented boats from them, did shuttles and BSed with Melanie at the store. They are great and really go an extra mile to take care of the clients. Melanie came through for me during our emergency take out from Yampa and worked with me to move our vehicles to another take out.

-ALEX [ youtube ][ my boat ][ ]
kazak4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote