Old 05-28-2013   #1
East MT, WestMT, Both sides of the Yellowstone
Paddling Since: 09
Granite/green room at sub 20k

Hit her strait on or skirt at these levels? Any beta on wild sheep (or any of the others) is welcomed also. This will be the first time for all six of us. Ive scouted them on you tube but all the videos seem to be at higher levels. Super stoked to head back up to Idaho again this month. Jumped on mavric's permit late with my buddy George Bush III who now seems to be on most of my trips of late and never says no to some good water. We're running hells canyon to Pittsburg. Finally get to play in some bigger water in the 18'er.

spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013   #2
salmon, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2004
Pull left to right on wild sheep and sneek granite far left....

codycleve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013   #3
Meridian, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1998
Wild sheep above 15-17K (I can't remember when the rocks/boulders are safely below the surface so a scout is usually recommended) is right down the gut. Anything below those flows is a sneak around the left side of the rocks at the top, then as Cody stated, pull back hard right and square up into the tongue near the middle/bottom after the huge lateral on the Oregon side. Someone correct me if my CFS numbers are low...?

Green room not recommended at those flows. Sneak between the GR and the smaller-ish triangle rock just sticking its nose out of the water on the Oregon side. Sort of riding the left edge of the left lateral of the GR.

Both rapids have good spots to scout. Wild Sheep, Oregon side....Granite, Idaho side.

Have Fun!
brasscap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013   #4
East MT, WestMT, Both sides of the Yellowstone
Paddling Since: 09
Had to cancel. My son got sick, my wife was sick, now I'm sick. I don't want to bring this shit on the river. The groover would be easy to clean though.

I hear you can be contagious for 5 days after you feel well.

Damn I was getting stoked too.
spider is offline   Reply With Quote