Old 08-03-2010   #1
Germantown, Maryland
Paddling Since: 2002
Send a message via AIM to Thinkrain
Grand Canyon Trip Opportunity

Hi, I have a Grand Canyon trip planned with a launch date of Dec 30, 2010.

I have a few spaces left to fill. Rowers, kayakers, or passengers welcome. Must be smoke and drug free. The trip is 25 days Lee’s Ferry to Diamond Creek.

Email me for more details.

~Maggie (

Thinkrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010   #2
Steamboat, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Persistent, I will give you that:

Jan 2011 Grand Canyon Trip: Spots open

Spots open on Grand Canyon trip Dec 2010

Spaces open on Grand Canyon trip, Dec-Jan 2011

Grand Canyon Trip: Have open spots for Dec 30, 2010

Need rowers for Grand Canyon 2010 trip

kayakfreakus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010   #3
Real Estate, Colorado
boy sounds like a blast. 25 days in the hole and no vices. no thanks. good luck though.
Ed Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010   #4
e-town, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
I picked up a cacellation permit for septmeber and I have TOO many people on my trip! boooyah
liquidchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010   #5
San Juans, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
I'd like to go, I don't smoke but I enjoy Wild Turkey, firearms, grease bombs, and ass-less chaps. I'll also offer to bring a few Palin and Beck books on tape for around the fire.

As far as the drug use, I can reclassify that as medicine if I go to the right doctor in CO.
Sport Climbing is Neither
--The Verm
dgosn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010   #6
Colo Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Contact the old folks home after their dominoes game. Maybe they will fit in.
David L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010   #7
at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
Feel the love on the Buzz, Haters hating. What's the big deal, so no drugs or smoking, why hate other people's personal choices? No one is forcing it on you. Winter trips are hard to get people on, at least she's keeping it out there for others to get on the trip. People, that's kind of a NICE thing, not lame. For god's sake, go tubing or something.
I am a river, babe - I've got plenty of time, I don't know where I'm going, I'm just following the lines..... - "We are water" by Shaye
lhowemt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010   #8
San Juans, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
I played nice until the 6th or 7th post from this lady. Something tells me that if you have to post 7 times on Mbuzz, several times on GCPBA, and on boatertalk, AND none of your friends will go, something is amiss.

I can understand the drug restrictions completely, that was in jest. The smoking thing could have been phrased "no smoking around the fire circle, at dinner, in the kitchen, etc..."

If am rowing against the wind in the flats on my own boat why can't I smoke? Why couldn't someone smoke the devil's cabbage on their own time? I wonder if this lady got a non smoker, but a raging, piss themselves, puke in fire, falling down drunk if that would be fine?

Several years ago i posted looking for folks for a winter grand trip, no solid takers, so I didn't spam the boards every 3 weeks. I doubt she'll have luck getting people, I made no restrictions on people freedoms.

Winter is a lonely time down there, I'd rather go with 1 person I know than hop on a trip with 12 people I didn't know. Anyone that wants to go can get their own permit.

In all honesty, i think a winter trip with 2-6 people would be the best situation. People should not feel obligated to fill their permits to the max. Less people = rigging/derigging, less dishes, less waiting, less time scouting, less time waiting for safe passage through rapids, and more time for drugs, cigars, and hiking, and brisket smokin.

Sport Climbing is Neither
--The Verm
dgosn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010   #9
Little Village, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Originally Posted by dgosn View Post
brisket smokin.
I'm pretty sure Maggie won't let you smoke brisket either. She's kinda, I dunno, Latter Day Saint-ish. Bet you have to wear the magic underwear too.
Uh, I'm just gonna go find a cash machine.
Riparian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010   #10
no tengo
Baytopia, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1876
Total thread hijack here but are you sure she is LDS being she is from Maryland? so some people want a smoke free trip no big deal. It is nice that she is opening it up to people she doesn't know but yeah after a few offers for people to join one of my winter trips I gave up and went with what I had.

now back to LDS - I did go on a grand trip with about 50% LDS and lets call the other half heathens to put it nicely. The trip went great. I do think LDS is one of the craziest stuff you can believe to be true and still function in society but they were seriously nice people and it was a great trip.

mania is offline   Reply With Quote