Old 10-24-2007   #1
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 99
Grand Canyon in November ~ spots available

I just scored a Grand permit in their recent lottery and am ecstatic! Dream come true! When I sat down to figure out the details with a glass of celebratory wine, I realized that many of my rafting friends won't be able to join because they were lucky enough to be on spring trips this year. Phone calls to my river rats have confirmed that. I know there are many of fun boaters out there that would love to consider this your invitation.

The putin is 11/19. Not as cold as you would is a link to the "average" weather conditions around that time... Grand Canyon National Park - Weather Conditions (U.S. National Park Service)

The Park considers this a winter trip, which means we can stay longer than the 16 day limit during the summer. The max is 24 days but I am thinking 20 will be good. Things are kinda tentative right now but I hope to firm things up in the next few days. This is during the non-commercial time, and, quite nice and peaceful without the tourists and motor boats. The trip will also be over Thanksgiving...think huge meal next to the fire + weeks ahead of being away from the world and isolated down in one of America's last jewels.

If you are interested please email me at Let me know your boating experience, what boat you would bring along (right now we need a few more big rafts), and other useful info about you. Cheers, Eric

confluence_eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007   #2
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 99
Still have spots available on this Grand trip for kayakers and/or rafters. We also have access to a borrowed raft if you are an experienced rafter but don't have a boat. - Eric

confluence_eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007   #3
Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Grand in November

There's a group of us from Fort Collins putting on Nov. 17th. Maybe we'll see you on the river! Have fun!!

mtnshine is offline   Reply With Quote