Old 06-13-2010   #1
Lakewood, Colorado
Glenwood area III-IV Tuesday 6/15 PM

I'll be in that area with my little boat and would like to do Shoshone to GWS after work. I'd also be up for the lower Crystal, Woody Creek runs, or lower 'Pan. Maybe Slaughterhouse depending on level. Anyone running anything? Please don't make me try to playboat...

mjpowhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010   #2
Lakewood, Colorado
So what are the odds I can just hook up with someone at the Shosho put-in around 5:00-6:00? Also, can I hike from Grizz or is the bike path flooded at 10k?

Old 06-14-2010   #3
Steamboat, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
I would just show up, I would think chances would be good that there will be someone else there. I was wondering the same thing on the bike path, cotrip has this posted:

I-70 Eastbound / Westbound Glenwood Canyon BIKE PATH and Hanging Lake trail (Milemarker 123-125)

Glenwood Canyon bike path is closed from the Shoshone power plant to the East Trail due to high water. No bicycles allowed on I-70/shoulders.Hanging Lake Rest Area and the The Hanging Lake parking lot and hiking trail are closed until August 1 for Trail restoration. Road closure began May 29th, 2010 at 3:15pm.

But I do not know where the east trail is but at 10 grand I bet the path is covered.
kayakfreakus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010   #4
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
Text you earlier today about possibly getting a boat either up there or on slaughterhouse. The bike bath is not covered from Grizzly to Shoshone unless its about 12-13k CFS. You can park at shoshone and ride a bike down to grizzly no problem. As far as running into someone doing it at this level the chances are slim. I ran it today and there were no cars parked there between 4:30 and 5:00 (we did two bombs in a 12' raft). Would hate to have you do it by yourself so i am trying to find a crew to boat with ya but tomorrow might be tough. At the very least my buddy wants to R2 it but he might be stuck at work till 6, which means we would be on the water at 6:30.
Dalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010   #5
Lakewood, Colorado
Hey Dalon, I got your text, thanks. Let me know what you figure out. Timing for Slaughterhouse will be tough for me, but if I get off early today I may be able to make it happen. There is a small chance I can get you a paddler if you have gear for him, but I don't know if he's ever been rafting and not sure you'd be comfortable taking him?