Old 02-25-2011   #1
Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
Gauley camping and shuttle beta

The plan is to drive out with a few other guides after the Poudre dries up in September and take some east coast friends down the Beast. I'm looking for camping beta for Fayetteville that is: 1. Guide income friendly; 2. Close to the upper (dam) put-in or take out.; 3. Is not family friendly (i.e. : we can sip shine in plain view and put something in the air until sunrise).

*If anyone is driving east from CO, we could possibly consolidate rides... I'm planning on getting my buddies to take care of the gas and camping in exchange for using my gear and flimsy prowess as a guide.

neoprene farts
roosternater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011   #2
Chico, California
Paddling Since: 2003
Camp at the put in...

There are some basic camp sites at the put in that are boater friendly and cheap, if not free. The sites are literally at the put in, down the road to the dam. They seem to fill up fast on release weekends so time your arrival accordingly. As for the shuttle, I would put some forethought into it. It isn't really hitchable so your best bet would be two vehicles or catch some boaters, which you will, if it is a release weekend.
rideon is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off