Old 07-02-2008   #1
Icebox, Colorado
Paddling Since: 98
Fruita/Cisco June 6-8 And ?s

We have three boats going done and have a couple spots open if anyone is up for it. Where going to shuttle on Saturday night if anyone wants in..
How long is the Westwater put in from black rock? How long does it take to get to Black Rock from Fruita? I have always read bad things about Loma put-in. I have read about a hole before you go into skull in the teens where is it, center, left, right?

grandyoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008   #2
Icebox, Colorado
Paddling Since: 98
July 6-8

So the dates are July 6-8

grandyoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008   #3
DeBeque, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
I would love to go but wouldn't be able to meet you until Sunday night or Monday. I would be happy to meet you at the Westwater put in. The run from Loma to put in is 26 miles. At low water you have to row hard to make it in 1 day but with the flow the way it is you may be there Sunday night depending on what time you launch. Pay attention to where you are and don't pass the ranger station. They won't be happy.

The hole in Skull is middle right. Most people go into it because they don't set up right. The rapid is on a bend so you can't see it until you are in it. I suggest taking someone with you who has done the canyon before. I would be happy to meet you at the Westwater put in. I was a guide on the canyon for 3 years and know it at every water level. I would prefer to bring my own boat if that is ok, and I would be happy to run rescue. Let me know, or 801-391-4059.
stacie is offline   Reply With Quote