Old 08-06-2004   #1
Female Kayaker wanted for Aug. 30 Grand Canyon trip

If you're a female, experienced boater and are interested in floating the Grand Canyon (18 days), I'd like to talk with you. We have a full trip (16 people) launching on August 30, 2004. Currently, we have four rafts, two cats, two kayakers, and eight riders. This will be awesome trip if you've got the time and the money. Cost is $1,000. Includes hotels in Flaggstaff, Food and Wine, Permits, Shuttles, and lots of fun. Adding one more female to the trip will help balance the gender ratio, and, we will have three kayakers instead of two. Currently, there are 5 women and 10 men on the trip. I'm one of the kayakers and am also the permit holder. I've been on the waiting list for twelve year. Ya, twelve years. So, if interested, email me at
Thanks, George Barlow

georgebarlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004   #2
Wow I wish I could apply for the position! (i've got quite the resume as the "random female kayaker add-on") But, too bad, I'll be defending my dissertation in September! Good luck finding someone. You're gonna have an awesome time... I did an Aug 26th launch back in '97, a beautiful time of year to go. Have fun!!

mountainbuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004   #3
I'm not female, but I'd be happy to don a skirt and join you Heck for a trip down the Grand, I'd even consider throwing in a halter top (No I'm not gay, just like the grand.)
rivergod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004   #4
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1985
I hooked up with a Grand trip last May, they posted the same request, "looking for a female to even out the group". The group was top notch and it was the best Grand trip I had ever been on (#6). If I had the cash I'd send you my resume' but alas I am deep in the hole, so to speak.
Good luck and in the future if you are ever looking for a Class IV gal (RN, too) drop me an email. Have tons of fun.
Kim (303) 786-9370
Strider is offline   Reply With Quote