Old 04-16-2013   #1
Durango, CO
Paddling Since: 1997
Family Friendly San Juan in early-mid June?

Hi all

We're an experienced rafting family looking for others with kids that would be interested in an early-June trip on the San Juan (Mexican Hat Launch)

We don't have a permit but we've been lucky in the past scoring cancellations. And if you have the permit, we'd be happy to join you.

Our daughters are 5 and 8 and both have done the 'Juan multiple times. We're safe and mellow...thought we do enjoy cocktails and other buzz-related activities.

Let me know if anyone is interested in joining a trip. We've done trips with our (not parent) friends and while we have a good time, the kids are usually bored. And we've done trips with families (even ones we didn't know previously) and had a good experience.

We have all group gear we'd need (though our groover may/may not meet SJ guidelines).

Please let me know if you're interested. We live in Durango and would be driving there the day of the launch.

ALSO: we likely have a 4th of July Rio Chama launch we'd happily TRADE for a june 'juan permit.

BLott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013   #2
Prattville, Alabama
Paddling Since: 2005
We are going to be out that way June 2-15

We will be out that way in early June and intended to do some daily and a few overnight trips. Currently planning on Labyrinth with possible Stillwater add on. Hoping to get with a Yampa or Green trip up in Dinosaur, if not we probably will do the day trips up there. We will be bringing a 15 1/2 ' Cataraft I just finished up as well as our 13' self bailer as backup, as well as some Kayaks for good measure. There are only three of us now, my wife, my 15 year old son and myself. My older daughters are caught up in college and motherhood at the moment. We have been out to Moab area before and ran sections of the Colorado as well as Green. We were thinking of coming around the San Juan to drop off a Zodiac to be repaired in Arboles, CO. Any how, if you get a hold of a permit send me a private message. I think my wife would like the San Juan nice scenery and no Scull or Big Drop.
BamaRafter is offline   Reply With Quote