Old 05-15-2011   #11
Nosebleed, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1977
Originally Posted by Ikedub View Post
I ran from Pumphouse to Slickrock at 800cfs twice last year, putting on as late as 1:15. There was still nearly an hour of light after we got to the takeout. We put on around noon the year before and had ample time. This doesn't allow much time for breaks but it will allow you to take a look at snag. The biggest potential hang up would be snag being congested. Both of those sections are easy day runs if your not pokin' around all day.

Luke....You can get a 16' sb boat down at 800cfs IF your loaded light and ready to dodge rocks, possibly get slight hang ups in a few spots. I would run it in a 16' if that is all I had, but 14' or smaller would be much preferred. 900 may be just enough to make everything lovely. The biggest thing I noticed about running it at 800cfs is that slot for the pour over into snag gets much tighter and little snag forces a far left run at 800. Hope that helps.
I agree. You can get a light 16 through at 800. I ran a loaded (camped for two nights with 2 people and 180# of dogs) 14 last year at 800. Hard left at little snag--no problem. Snag--right of center (can't run as far right as you'd like at 800) bow pointed to the right (one o'clock) going over the drop, then pull left, then right. It's not pushy at 800. Fun!!!

funrivers is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off