Old 10-31-2007   #1
San Juans, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
December Grand spot

Hey everyone,

I just had two people and their giant raft bail on my Grand trip due to family issues. This means I have at least one spot open for a raft and a passenger.
Launch date is Dec 07, and takeout is Jan 4/5 at South Cove. Two people are taking out at Diamond Creek on Dec 31st, the rest of us are having our new years party downriver from there somewhere.

Trip has a great group, other than another raft we have all the outfitting done by oursleves, meaning that the only external cost is the shuttle. So far we have 3 rafts, 3 big cats, 3 kayaks, and a canoe. People are from SW colorado, WA, and ID.
We plan on doing a lot of hiking and layover days. Total trip cost for food, gear, permit, shuttle, etc. looks to be around $650-$700. Obviously libations will be on your own.

scott n,

Sport Climbing is Neither
--The Verm
dgosn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007   #2
grand is grand!

hey scott -

was thinking about you the other day....we are looking for raft support for a jan. 26 launch.

will you be back by then? interested in back to back winter grand trips???

i'm about to put a post up to go fishing for rafts.

good luck man - we got to hook up next year - had a good look at route by miner's cabin on westy. looked pretty wide/heinous....but also, couldn't see retreat anchors except pretty high up, and we only had one rope and were looking for only one pitch, so.....we went to camp, drink, and surf little D.

have a great trip, and if you are in to back to back trips, give me a ring - S
Steve Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote