Mountain Buzz banner

Cross Mountain Gorge on Sunday, 4/17

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Id725 
#1 ·
Does anybody want to meet up to run Cross on Sunday?
I may be able to rally a couple of my guys by then, but maybe not. I would come up solo to meet people if need be.
I've never done Cross, but I don't expect it to be stressful for me. Just want to see something new.
-Mike

#2 ·
Hook up with this local Steamboat Crew (LateNightJonser). Paddled Cross with them a couple of weeks ago. Great, fun, crew to roll with! Cross is a BLAST!!! I LOVED IT! We put on when the flow was 1575 cfs, and it was at 1870 cfs by the time we got off the river.

Here's the thread:
http://www.mountainbuzz.com/forums/f12/cross-mountain-gorge-yampa-ice-report-35378-2.html

If you're driving from the C-Springs here, and planning on running it SUnday, I suggest driving up Saturday sometime and camp up there at the Put-In. It took me and a buddy just about 5 hours to get up there (Left late Friday Night, and Arrived at the put-in at about 2am Saturday Morning), and that's with me speeeding at 100+ mph.

- Alex

#5 ·
Thanks Latenite -

I can't be there Saturday until Late..at night.
If any of y'all are still around to boat on Sunday, that will be awesome. It looks like I may have a couple guys.
From what I read, I think I'll be comfy on Cross at least until the 4K area. If it starts approaching 5, I may get nervous...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.