Old 06-16-2012   #1
Carmichaels, Pennsylvania
Paddling Since: 2010
Confluance pa to ohiopyle park

I am planing a trip to run the middle yough river class I & II
I do not have a date set yet but will be in July so we get a date to agree on that will be the date. I am taking my play boat ... To get use to it since I just got it a month ago. Before this boat I been using a recreational pongo 10'
Never done this section of river but hear it has some really nice class II sections and is about a 6 hour trip.

Let me know if ya want to go!

Jim91303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012   #2
July 7 is the proposed date for this trip.

Old 06-19-2012   #3
Tim Kennedy
Avon, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1988
Re: finding Middle Yough paddling partners

Mountainbuzz is forum that is mostly utilized by western U.S./rocky mountain boaters. So, I don't imagine that you'll find too many takers here that could join you on the Middle Yough in July. (However, due to lack of options here this summer, you just might find someone headed east looking for water to run. )

Try posting on BoaterTalk: whitewater kayaking, stand up paddling, whitewater canoeing, river rafting
It's mostly southeastern paddlers. But some mid-atlantic paddlers lurk on there as well.

Otherwise, try the TRPC out of Pittsburgh Three Rivers Paddling Club // Home They are probably running a several organized trips on the Yough this summer.

Or check out Ohiopyle Whitewater Rafting and Biking vacations with Wilderness Voyageurs
for kayak lessons, gear, and general info and socializing at the Falls City Pub.

I'm sure you can find some paddling partners in Ohiopyle in July. It's a really popular place that time of year.

Six hours seems like a long time on the water for that run. I think it is only 10 miles or so. Have fun. It's a great stretch for learning to run whitewater. The Ohiopyle area has lots of options for developing your paddling skills.

Tim Kennedy
Tim Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012   #4
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
check water levels. i paddled that section before and while it was beautiful, it was very shallow and too long of a run to be dragging your boat a quarter mile here and there. the water moves the whole way, but not too many significant rapids, even of the class II variety. check out the flows on the casselman (PA) or north branch of potomac (MD) for a good time. both are relatively close to ohiopyle pa
jdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015   #5
I would defiantly love to join I am new to kayaking but I live 5 minutes from ohiopyle

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
fosbrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015   #6

That's a post from 2012 .... But I'll still take you down the middle tough if you want .... Have to wait till mid July , let me know