Mountain Buzz banner

Cisco to Moab

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  btt 
#1 ·
Has anyone done this, What shopuld we expect? How many cases of Schlitz and turkey legs should we load up on?

#2 ·
Did it 10 or 15 years ago at about 20G's. Very scenic and great camping for the first half; kind of scenic with okay camping for the second half. We did it in 4 days and it was kid-friendly with a handful of III- to III+ wavetrain rapids, cliff jumping, hiking etc. Very fun. I would definitely recommend it as a good desert float.

COUNT

#3 ·
Great family float. The upper section is flat water, below Hittle Bottom is the Moab Daily (class II-III?) depending on flow. Good sand bar camping on the upper and a good camp(s) river right about 1.5-2 mi below Hittle Bottom, just below Onion Cr rapid. We did this over 3 easy days a couple of years ago. After Dewey Bridge (RIP)the river follows the road to Moab. Good scenery and a nice section of river, I would reccomend it for an easy kid friendly float.

#4 ·
years back,we did a 7 day float from cisco to big bend,under 5k.there was a well-used camp that the commercials use,approx 1-2 mi down from cisco,on river left,but we were stunned by the riverbank blockage due to tamarisk,from there on---camps were very,very sparse,and mostly the few openings are on the private lands,that we respected.ending up having to huddle on a wind swept rock ledge,where the kokopellis bike trail,came down to river.next morning,the banks proved to be just as bad for miles,on miles,on miles---didnt really get openings til dewey bridge.maybe theyve done some tammy-kill'n,since then,but my two cents is---great family float,class V camping.let me know if its gotten better.......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.