Old 03-24-2010   #1
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Cherry Crank

Cherry is cranking already!Should still go a day or two,hopefully/fingers crossed.Anybody from SE Metro want to do a run tomorrow,a lot of flat but there are up to 15 II-III+ drops[ east of University] depending on where you put in /take out.I wouldn't drive very far for it,no class 5 dudes bitching about how lame it is,no total beginners because of strainers and low bridges + a few drops that would really suck upside down.Strictly for desperate Saudi Auroran,Gledalean,East Denverite,and whatever the hell you call someone from Centennial,intermediates.Simple logistics up to 5 miles.

Nick that falls in Castlewood could go this week,interested?How much snow in Franktown?

Could probably be talked into a run on S.Platte thru town.Bear Creek canyon [ ice ?] elfin'or town run.Clear Creek town run,whats up over there Arvadans/Wheat Ridgians?Heres your chance to get some dirty love on SandCreek.Any urban explorers out there?Turkey Creek?

cayo 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010   #2
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
I'm almost that desperate. Any plan in particular?

rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010   #3
Denver, Colorado
Rasta it dropped to a low but doable level,couldn't recommend you to drive from Boulder.I am going to goof around on some drops by my house.I guess yesterday was mostly street runoff ,pretty dirty.They might release from the dam when Palmer divide melts.Still think this is a good time to watch Castlewood,these are the circumstances when it runs. Too lazy to go check out Clr .Crk. town run don't know of a gauge.If you are really interested pm me with phone #,i don't go on line everyday.I'll keep you posted.
Old 03-25-2010   #4
In 2007 we started the season with a May cat run from above Union Chutes to below Confluence park at 2,500. Some interesting man made drops at the water company, the Xcel plant and Florida? Ave.

Would not recommend as an overnight because all the good camping was already taken.
Be sure to wash the boat and all the gear, the street runoff is nasty!
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010   #5
Denver, Colorado
lol Rich,
yeah well there is a 'camp spot' under the bridge above the best drop on Cherry too! might have to camp on the rim of the' gorge' [ 15 feet deep dirt behind an industrial park ] in the flat water section.

Dead Dog /Xcel is a damn fun drop at high flows!Florida is easy down the boat chute at all levels but the hole across the other 3/4 of the river at 2300+ is as big as i've seen in Colorado,we're talking Siedels size but stickier looking.Always wanted to boof that side at say 1000- 1500.Oxford should not be overlooked for play high ,bizarre colapsing piles,eddylines as brutal as Union,killer stern squirt spot[does anyone still do that],trashy seam,just a weird fun spot.
Old 03-26-2010   #6
Denver, Colorado
Is Xcel Zuni? If so, then Dead Dog is the water company,big double drop.