Old 05-11-2007   #1
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
Cataract Canyon May 18th-24th...

Hey all!

I have a permit for Cataract Canyon for a put-in at Potash on the 18th of May and a take-out at Hite for the 24th. I originally had a group of 4 but two of them decided not to go, so I just thought I'd see if anyone would be interested?

I've never done Cataract and was really looking forward to it. I have a raft and I am experienced but would like to find some people who have done it before or others who haven't and would be up for an adventure (kayakers or rafters). I'm easy going and just like to go rafting. Alright, if you have any questions or are interested, let me know.

Amber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007   #2
SE, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 1986

I've got a 15 ft. cat, kitchen set-up, river toilet, etc. Have run the Grand Canyon, Deso, Lodore, San Juan, Northgate, et cetera cetera, but never Cataract.

So I'm definitely interested. I'll check a few things and get back pronto.

Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007   #3
Grand Dysfunction, West Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
First drink, then think!

*Really* want to do a highwater cat trip... have raft, gear, groover, kitchen (no big propane grill however) and would like to bring my girlfriend along on my raft.

Am heading out to the local watering hole within a few minutes where things get merry and jolly after a few frosty ones in order to check in with the other river scoundrels to see if anyone else wants to go. I'll post back after tonights' reveling.

Note that I would be taking my carnage raft into every hole. Been there twice, but not at higher water like this. Surf's up! Joy!!!
raft3plus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007   #4
Grand Dysfunction, West Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
No can do afterall. Can't be gone for that long at this time.. bummer. Enjoy your trip!
raft3plus is offline   Reply With Quote

cataract, cataract canyon