Old 09-08-2011   #1
Bellingham, Washington
Paddling Since: 2007
Boise or Hood River area boaters

Im on the way up to Bellingham right now (staying in Fort Collins tonight). Planning to be in Boise tomorrow afternoon (sept 9). Would like to stay there and paddle a Payette Saturday or head to Hood River and get on Little White (are any of the whites running?)

Let me know if anybody wants to boat. Would be my first time on either but they are on my skill level.

8 zero 3-4 nine 3-six-six 32

mikesong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011   #2
Riverdale, Utah
Paddling Since: 1977
Hi Mike-
The NF Payette is still at a pretty good level, 1520, check out caspermike's video from last weekend:
North Fork of The Payette Labor Day Weekend, Vid
Some Boise boaters who did the whole North Fork with Mike are on that thread. Could call Idaho River Sports in Boise, (208 ) 336-4844.

Around Hood River, sounds like the Green Truss is still "Medium"; Little White is called "Low" on you may want to post on the PDXkayaker yahoo group, to find partners and more detailed info about what is running.
PDXkayaker :
You can also call a Hood river shop like the Kayak Shed, or Portland shops like Alder Creek, Next Adventure.

Seems like the Middle White Salmon (BZ to Husum, III+) almost always runs; and the section just upstream (Orletta putin, IV(with an optional V huck at BZ Falls), and an optional IV+/V- huck at the end at Husum falls); Green Truss (V) is called "Medium". Above that, Farmlands (V-) is called "Low" on
American Whitewater - WA State Rivers

The Husum stick gauge on the White Salmon is 2.2 feet.
White Salmon River | Facebook
Dreamflows Daily Report
I see posts on pdxkayaker to run Green Truss, and Lower Wind.
From Lower Wind River, the Lower Wind is IV+ (V+,P).

Also sounds like a Chelan Gorge release this weekend; I am not familiar with it, but:
"This is a short but amazing class V run that ends near the town of Lake Chelan."
Yahoo! Groups
American Whitewater - Chelan Gorge Whitewater Paddling

wasatchbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011   #3
Boise, Idaho
Lame... I work today. You should just head up to Banks. I'm sure there will be an after work crowd running NF. ( I work 12 hours and can't make it). Seriously doubt you will find anyone at IRS. Iwill forward your number to Simo (Dave).
ID Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011   #4
Hood River, Oregon
Hood River area:
Truss is low, but still runnable. Farmlands is out. Little White is long gone, Hood is out, Wind is out, Middle White Salmon is in, Cispus is in- its 1.5 hrs north of Hood R.
kayak2the9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011   #5
Bellingham, Washington
Thanks Fellas!
Old 09-09-2011   #6
Bellingham, Washington
Staying in Boise tonight. Guess Ill head up to Banks in the a.m. around 10. If anyone gets this and is willing to let me tag along, please hit me up. I hate poaching at a take out!

(803) 493-6632