Boating in Glenwood this weekend? - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-13-2016   #1

Moab, Utah
Paddling Since: 1989
Boating in Glenwood this weekend?

I'm heading over to Parachute this weekend to help out a friend with some stuff and want to do a quick easy run after! Glenwood Canyon or Cemetery on the Roaring Fork. Probably kayaking, but might take the raft if I find a few friends to come along. Need help with the shuttle and I'm always down to make new river friends! Let me know!

Chris

yellowbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2016   #2

Awesome, Colorado
When are you going? I'm thinking of running Shoshone to Two Rivers on Friday or Saturday afternoon and could use a shuttle buddy.
climbbd510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016   #3

Moab, Utah
Hey! Sorry it took me so long to respond, I was on the river today so I think that's a valid excuse! So, how is Shoshone at the current water level? I took a several year hiatus from boating and this is my first year back to paddling, I have a new boat and my roll is not quite bomber yet. I'm not scared of technical water, but don't want to get in over my head and be "that idiot" on the river! lol
Old 07-14-2016   #4

Awesome, Colorado
Well, I have a cataraft, never kayaked, so I don't know how it'll be for a kayaker but I can tell you that the flow through that section is a lot lower than I've ever floated it at. I expect it to be pretty technical rowing... it could be a lot easier for paddlers, but again, I can't comment specifically
climbbd510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016   #5

Vail, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2016
We're planning on SUPing Grizzly Creek to Two Rivers on Saturday (and possibly Friday after work as well). Been out on the Upper C a lot recently but the flow is getting pretty low now so thinking larger flow on this section might be better? Would be keen to do some shuttling on Saturday?
EnglishJamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016   #6

Carbondale, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1965
Read the thread about river closures for bridge construction. I'm not sure of the schedules but they may impact your plans
jgrebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016   #7

Moab, Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by climbbd510 View Post
Well, I have a cataraft, never kayaked, so I don't know how it'll be for a kayaker but I can tell you that the flow through that section is a lot lower than I've ever floated it at. I expect it to be pretty technical rowing... it could be a lot easier for paddlers, but again, I can't comment specifically
Having never run that stretch, maybe it might be better for me to wait to go with some of my kayak friends to show me the lines then?
Old 07-15-2016   #8

Moab, Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishJamie View Post
We're planning on SUPing Grizzly Creek to Two Rivers on Saturday (and possibly Friday after work as well). Been out on the Upper C a lot recently but the flow is getting pretty low now so thinking larger flow on this section might be better? Would be keen to do some shuttling on Saturday?
Sweet! That is the section I was sorta wanting to check out! What does your timeframe look like? I'm going to be working in Parachute until about 1ish, then I will be heading to Glenwood, so anytime in the midafternoon works for me.