Old 06-22-2012   #1
leadville, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
bike shuttle glenwood to grizzley creek?

I was wondering how long on average it takes to bike from glenwood to grizzly creek? I am thinking of doing that stretch because I can't find a safety boater/shuttle help for the lower blue. I have had trouble getting a lift from two rivers to grizzly and my wife and I don't want to drive 2 cars. We plan on being at 2rivers by 9 am and are thinking of adding Shoshone but for ease at the end of the day leaving the bike at grizzly. Any help,advise, or compay is welcome. Thanks gerry

g.soutiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012   #2
The Old Troll
Gypsum, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Pice of Cake paved bike path. You should do Shashone because it's the most exciting part of the trip. I'd suggest putting in at Shashone. The raft companies shuttle between Shashone and Grizzley. They offer packages with two trips through Shashone and then a float to West Glenwood. Two Rivers to Shashone must be 13 or 14 miles more or less. You could just do Shashone to Grizzley and get in 3 trips in a day.

David Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012   #3
New Castle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
We did Duckie laps on Shoshone last night, it's about a 10 min bike ride from Grizz to Shoshone, and I'd guess about 20-25 min from 2Riv to Grizz.
Fish Tank
Mr. Shlitzenturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012   #4
leadville, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
thanks for the info I will definatly be doing a bike shuttle sometime. My wife decided she wants to camp tonight and tomorrow, we are kinda poor so we decided to do browns. it is closer to us in leadville and we can just leave the rv at heckla and bring my crappy car to set shuttle saturday. we plan on fish to heckla on saturday if anyone wants to join. we will probably be at fish bridge around 10-11, you can pm me or call and leave a message as the phone service at heckla kinda sucks. gerry 303 nine81 nine78six
g.soutiere is offline   Reply With Quote