Old 05-05-2010   #51
Dipshit with the most.
Bellevue, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991
Originally Posted by climbdenali View Post
As to what drink(s) to take on an extended trip: Take as much beer....... Coors Light.

That was a joke right?

If not anything you have said before or will say after will be tainted by this comment.

carvedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010   #52
Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Originally Posted by El Flaco View Post
- save the beer and mix up a mug of hot water, add some powdered cider mix and some Wild Turkey 101. Sippin 'round the fire, and it packs a big punch for the amount of room it takes up.
We do this with Captain Morgan, it's called a "broken leg"...good stuff for a cold evening.

GARNA’s mission is to foster stewardship of the resources of the greater Arkansas River region through education, volunteerism and experiences.
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010   #53
Canon City, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Say what you want about Coors Light, but when it's a thousand degrees outside I'd take a cold Coors Light over a Dales any day. Don't get me wrong, Dale's and Old Chub are good, but they're so thick you can't drink 'em all day. There are plenty of higher quality beers out there, but point me to one that's as quaffable and as affordable, and I'm all ears.
climbdenali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010   #54
Idaho, Wyoming
popular thread. regular canned beers with higher alcahol content (not lites, they expand too much) can be frozen and work as ice to line your cooler bottom with. i have one friend who stands as many pbr's as will fit on the bottom of his cooler and then fills it with water to the top of the cans and puts the whole cooler in a restaurant freezer so the whole bottom of the cooler is frozen beer and water-just don't plan on needing those beers for a few days. add whiskey, tequila, vodka and wine packed in nalgenes for a perfect river bar. i get hang overs from rum and gin.
billfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010   #55
Foco/Red Cliff (Vail), Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Nice thread. Trying to find some ideas. We ran out of beer last year on Deso. I hate to bring too much hard stuff because it catches people off guard. Most people know what they can handle with beer. How many seriously take kegs?

milehighassassin is offline   Reply With Quote

river drinks