Old 05-20-2007   #1
Grand Dysfunction, West Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Barrel Springs/Shoshone is up! - Memorial Weekend Anyone?

Just got off westwater at 13K and note to self that it's all flushed out. Am I the only one who thinks that? Regardless, told my girl that 'last chance' was coming around the next corner and to hit the sucker sideways... when we had actually gone through it unnoticed already... huh? What? Say what one more time, ninja!! Anyway, a couple cap'n drinks, it's warm outside, water comes up a little and next thing you know westy is all flat. Even sock-it-to-me is bigger at lower water.. check me if I'm wrong yo. Nicked Skull on the left side only to get a spin.. bummer.

Barrel Springs is at 6K today! Who's going to do it? The creature/carnage crew will be at Barrel Springs and Shoshone this memorial weekend since Barrel is coming up; Darren, Bob, John, dirkomatic, etc. The whole section runs like the south fork payette middle 5. What's weird is that out of barrel, which is mostly matching laterals, the worst of it for me is the Lower Drop, just around the corner before the shoshone putin. Wicked hole river right to cold-check your ego *hard*, like toilet bowl at 900 or 1100cfs. .. but I digress. We bring a skateboard for our boats to scoot them from the top of Barrel past Death down to start at lower Death. We'll do that at least a couple of times each day in the morning and then wind up running laps on shoshone at the end. Bring any one of your getups, whether raft, shredder, cat or 'yak and run the sh*t out of it with us. Who's going? We'll bring some extra creaturecraft pvc so if anyone has the itch for carnage, and some skill, we'll be happy to have you jump in one of ours.

Dan, if you have time middle of the week, I won't mind coming up to glenwood wed or thur to go for backflips at the wall and maneater; good level for it. Skip the westy trip and do barrel, your cat can handle it, np.

Am supposed to fix someone's d-ring, from today's trip, who put in next to us this morning... call me at 970.250.5975 when you get your new d-ring or find the old d-ring (i can wrap a loop around it with extra hd fabric and re-glue it) if you still have it.

See you at Barrel, and boat safely until then!

raft3plus is offline   Reply With Quote