Old 08-02-2011   #21
Wolcott, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
That will be a great location to stay. Plenty of good bars and eatin places within walkin distance. Diamond Cabaret and La boheme are both walking from there and if you go to Shotgun Willies you might as well swing by the Penthouse least that is what my wife recommends. If you are into music check out whose playing at the Fillmore, Ogden, Bluebird or even better yet Red Rocks. is a good resource for local music albiet on the hippie side. Denver is a very walkable city and you may not even leave the Lodo area.

JDHOG72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011   #22
Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1999
Send a message via AIM to JCKeck1
I'd check out the Wynkoop Brewery right near where you are staying. Good food, you can rent a private room, tons of nice pool tables and a get drunk atmosphere. Everything you need to start off a bachelor night.

JCKeck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011   #23
North Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
Originally Posted by jrhudz View Post
Dead animals is a plus.. rich hipsters is a minus.. dead animals outweighs hipsters for sure.
Seein you just flew in from Boston with 15 buddies, hanging out around rich hipsters is definitely out. Get a copy of 5280 when you arrive at DIA, that way you'll know all the hot spots to hit in the limo after the after Rapids game. Lodo is huge. It is very easy to get lost down there. Go with a reputable limo service unless you want to spend all night driving circles around drunk kids and rich hipsters that just got out of a Rockies game. Or you can save some cash which is always good and walk around with them. La Boheme rocks, especially if you happen to find a girl there to pay to have a conversation with that has all her teeth. Have Fun!
nicho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011   #24
Avon, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
Cape Guy- the strip clubs out west suck (i know Mass is no Atalanta/Tampa) but i would skip the strip joints if your guys are into that sorta thing.

Instead for my bachelor party (and many others) get the ladies to come to your hotel if you have the cashola....hardbodies has never let us down. They will normally get as hardcore as you want (for strippers). just my 2 cents. I have been jaded previously living in the south (full nude).

kinda inappropriate post...but just some tips. (my grandfolks and uncle live in falmouth and hyannis)
ENDOMADNESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011   #25
Preacher of the Profit Paddling Since: 1990

Real skinny with no BS:

Rent Bikes or Duckies (inflatable whitewater kayaks/or Tubes) at Confluence Kayaks (15th and Platte St) and check of why you pick Denver over St. Louis.

Across the Street from Confluence Kayaks is Brothers Bar. Great burgers and oldest Bar in Denver-sit outside.

See a Rockies game, sit in the Rock Pile Area tickets are cheap.

Call Clear Creek Rafting and go rafting one morning or afternoon-it's Colorado.

For stakes go to the Chophouse Restaurant at Wyncoop and 19th., or for your crowd you need to check out the DC Stake House lunch time Prime Rib special.

And ask about the Glendale Center for the Performing Arts, other accomindations can be found in the ads of the

Super strength Margs goto the RIO.

Comedy Works is downtown, give them a call in advance and see if they will give you free tickets to one of their shows. They have a two drink min, damn.

Most of your deck bars and bigger bars are located a few blocks away from where you're staying. Your location is better 247 and being closer to the bar zone is better only at night.

Check out the Market Deli, Buckhorn Exchange, Red Rocks, get to Golden and take a free brewery tour at Coors and eat downtown at Woody's Pizza.
I love to dance, but who needs the music- It throws me off.
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011   #26
Hyannis, Massachusetts
Thanks you guys again for all the help, I really do appreciate all the suggestions...

The place we planned to stay doesnt seem like its going to work out.. does anyone know of any good places to stay or maybe apartments/ vacation rentals that we could look at?

jrhudz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011   #27
Evergreen, Colorado
Paddling Since: '92
Look on VRBO.COM. Some great deals out there.

"We're gonna need a bigger boat"
CBrown is offline   Reply With Quote