Old 07-07-2012   #1
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
Arkansas class II runs to tandem ducky with mom?

My Mom is coming to town and I would like to take her down the Ark in my tandem Ducky. She is in her 60's and I will have to do most of the paddleing. I moved down to C springs from Idaho, so dont know the Ark that well. Only ran Browns canyon a couple times this spring. Looking for a class II section besides the Milk run. Looks like east and west salida runs are class II,III normally. How are they at these flows? Any other suggestions? How about on the S Platte?

treehugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012   #2
East of the Pine beatle, Colorado
Take your mom down the Rt 166 bridge to town section- It's mellow, and a lot of ducks and tubers use it. It's a good alternative to the Milk Run- and much easier than East to Rincon for your mom to handle. There is a diversion dam on river left a few miles into the float- Not a big deal- well marked. At this level you can scrape it- but not the re-entry into the main channel at the bottom. Easy to walk it. Plenty of parking at 166 and you can get out and have lunch in town and watch the rodeo in the play park.
Osseous is offline   Reply With Quote

ark, arkansas, class ii

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off