Mountain Buzz banner

Ark low water info

Tags
ark
2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  lmyers 
#1 ·
Any beta on low water ark flows would be great like last years flows. I have run Browns since I was a kid and started duckying it last year. We never really ventured off Browns. So now that I'm more mobile not toting a 15' or 16' boat around I'd love to get to know more of the Ark. What is a good place to put in after the numbers and run down to Ruby or Hecla or even Stone Bridge? We usaully camp up four mile so I like to run the upper part. I know theres the dam in there above Johnson Village below BV right? I will scout portage this. Or if any one will be running soon my wife and I would like to join. Thank You.

#2 ·
Probably boating again today with Phil. We have been out on the Ark 5 times now this season. Most everything is too low right now except Pine Creek, sections of the Numbers, the Miracle Mile (top half of Fractions) and the lower river (Parkdale, Gorge).

There is a dam called the Silver Bullet below BV but above Johnson Village that makes a messy drop. The right side has a boat chute and portage trail.

There are multiple access points below the Numbers. Miner's Camp is just above Railroad Bridge and free, Railroad Bridge is an AHRA pay site with campsites. Elephant Rock has free camping and access to the lower half of Fractions. There is excellent access at Buena Vista at the boat ramp and South Main. There is also excellent access (pay site) at Wilderness Aware at Johnson Village. The next public access point is Fisherman's Bridge which is an AHRA pay site and the traditional launch for Browns.

Would be happy to boat with you if you find yourself in the Ark Valley.

Logan 719-229-9333

#5 ·
Hey thanks a lot! I appreciate it. Looking forward to getting out. Going to PH maybe this weekend. Should be up in Leadville a lot helping a buddy work on his house. I will be in touch here soon as flows come up a bit. Nick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.