Old 05-15-2005   #1
Kitchen Manager
Anytime this week paddling

I'm up for anything this week. It's been awhile so a II-III is just about right for now. I'd love to get up to Filter Plant for a warmup then maybe Bridges or Mish. Email me or give me a call 720-253-9763

getty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005   #2
Arvada, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991
Send a message via Skype™ to tsavo
I could do something on Friday??? I don't know the areas you mentioned but I also need to get the rust out. Waterton??? North Fork of the Platte??? whatever??? Tom 303.248.3274

tsavo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005   #3
We may not be the group of paddlers you are looking to paddle with on a regular basis but, we're a group of new/class2&3 boaters on the front range and always paddling together somewhere... take a look and tell your friends...
Don't do anything, just stand there.
rasdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005   #4
I'd be up for anything on the poudre this friday i'm just getting out again after a 2 year hiatus, but i was up last weekend and it's feelin like i remember everything. (rolling's like falling off a bike ; )

look me up: 9706906379
snarkyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005   #5
Two of us from the yahoo CO kayakers group are going to paddle the S Platte below Chatfield on Friday at 5 pm. You are welcome to join us if you like. Send me a message if interested.
Piedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005   #6
Arvada, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991
Send a message via Skype™ to tsavo

What is it like....haven't done it???? I would like to come along.
tsavo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005   #7
This is my take on the 470--> Platte River Grill run below Chatfeild, Very senic for a river flowing thru a big city, watch for wildlife we had a beaver swimming with our group!!! We ran it at 750-800 cfs.

It was a fairly eazy run lots of small winding channels with places to work on eddy/ferry turns. The drops/slides, 10 or so are singles with long run outs if you have to swim, like at Union you aim between the BIG rocks to hit the boat channels,most are 2-3 feet kinda like the #3&4 slides at Union, to me it was read and run.
It was my first time runnin drops other than Union I thought it was smaller than Union but bigger than Golden, there are however 2 double drops/slides, the top/little one with a little pool inbetween to set up for the2nd/bigger one. One of the bigger drops has a flat spot on river left mid way down the drop that about flipped me, I don't know if it was the first double or the second. Sorry.
Nothing was a must get out and scout I didn't think and I can't roll but a couple of the people I ran it with flipped on both of the bigger d/drops. Just lean forward,paddle like you mean it and don't stop till your in flat
I recommend getting out at the river grill, but figure out where it
is first we missed it/no landmark I ended up going all the way to
Union Chutes, the paddle in between the Grill and Union is flat and
kinda boring to me after the fun of the run.

The landmark for the take out is before the 2nd bike/foot brigde it is before Bowles St., the 1st bike/foot bridge is at Mineral Ave.,get out on river right just before the gardens, there is a island with a eddy area about 100 yards upstream of the bridge, you'll see some orange survey tape tied to the bushes river right, right at the grill.

If you want a shorter run 2 miles less, park your shuttle in the lot behind Aspen Grove shopping area and you miss the 2 double drop/slides.
rasdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005   #8
loveland, Colorado
will paddle Sun evening and Monday-Poudre/St Vrain/Clear

Rich-paddle any III/IV
suigeneris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005   #9
Does that mean that you're rich and will paddle any CIII/IV? We poor folk are planning on running Deckers (CII/III) Saturday leaving around 10 am. Post me a message if you want to go.
Piedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005   #10
mechanical engineer
Class II warmup?

Its been like 6 yrs since I've paddled my C1 and looking to give it a go again if anyone is interested in dragging me along with them.

schubby is offline   Reply With Quote