Old 09-20-2015   #1
Durango, Colorado
Anyone still running Bailey?

I'm curious as to whether or not anyone is still running Bailey; thinking about making the trip from Durango on Tuesday/Wednesday. Can I count on the after-work crowd being at the put-in?

DES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015   #2
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
I'd say an afterwork crew is not reliable at present bare minimum flows of 250, but I could be wrong. Personally won't do it much under 350, but 250 is certainly floatable. Mank boat suggested for flows in that range.

(seven two 0)-298-2242
Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015   #3
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
After work crew on Bailey isn't even reliable at good flows during high summer. Also flows right now are extremely unreliable. I wouldn't drive from Durango even if I knew the flows were stable and there was an after work crew. Not sure I'd even drive from Bailey for that matter.
KSC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015   #4
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
I want to paddle bailey this week. Could prob swing tue or wed during the day. 250 is min flow in my book. I bring a cracked and welded mank boat. Would not want a nice new hull in there. Gore is better at current flows, but bailey is still fun for me. I think the flows could be stable enough for a tue wed run given current weather. I can call up Denver water tomorrow to get beta for the flows this week.
deepsouthpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015   #5
Durango, Colorado
Thanks peeps. Based on your suggestions, I'm going to pass. Never paddled it before, but heard it was good. Hopefully with rain in the forecast, Baker's Box or Vallecito will come up...
DES is offline   Reply With Quote